SMC Program - Driverless Cars: The Autonomous RevolutionName: SMC Program - Driverless Cars: The Autonomous RevolutionDate: October 29, 2019Time: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM PDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Mention driverless cars and many people start humming The Jetson's cartoon theme song. But what was once a futuristic fantasy is undeniably on our doorstep. We may never zip around in mini spaceships but transportation experts predict that autonomous vehicles will be ubiquitous in as few as 10 years. If that happens, we have questions. Lots of questions.
- Will homes even need garages?
- And what about parking garages?
- What street and neighborhood design modifications will be needed?
- Will the industry need to shift marketing strategies?
- Will the prospect of a less stressful commute drive people to choose housing in areas where they might not have looked before?
- How will home builders cope during the transition between the current reliance on personal car ownership and the autonomous fleet model?
Come hear transportation economics expert Dr. Jon Haveman share his views on these questions and many more.
ABOUT JON HAVEMAN Ph.D.,
Principal, Marin Economic Consulting
Dr. Jon Haveman is a frequently quoted economics expert and prolific author who publishes extensively on transportation and security issues at California's seaports, business outsourcing and technology trade. A principal at Marin Economic Consulting, Dr. Haveman has served as the chief economist at the Bay Area Council Economic Institute, taught business at Purdue University and has held formative roles at Beacon Economics and the Public Policy Institute of California. He earned his doctorate and masters degrees in economics at the University of Michigan.
Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Interested Contact: email@example.com
All event sponsors receive the following benefits PLUS those listed below: web event page listing, logo on all marketing material, recognition throughout event signage
- Gold $500: Benefits include the above plus three complimentary tickets, and on screen ad in sponsor loop.
- Silver $300: Benefits include the above plus two complimentary tickets, logo recognition in sponsor loop.
- Bronze $150: Benefits include the above plus one complimentary ticket, company recognition in sponsor loop.