We are looking for a bright, organized, and motivated individual to join our marketing team as a Graphic Designer. The candidate must be able to translate housing market research into compelling, effective graphic design work. The Graphic Designer will play a key role in the execution, delivery, and continuous improvement of marketing content and brand collateral. You will work cross-functionally to support our research, consulting, and operations teams.
This role will include heavy graphic production and requires high productivity and accuracy. Applicants should be comfortable taking direction from other team members and should also take the initiative to deepen their understanding of current and emerging design and visual trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design materials to include, but not limited to; print and digital collateral such as infographics, white papers, brochures, presentations, charts, and website graphics.
- Translate complex housing analysis into easily digestible visual design
- Work closely with our marketing team on various company design and branding projects
- Follow brand guidelines to ensure consistency and help educate staff about brand standards when consulting on new projects.
- Provide design support for company hosted events (programs, banners, gifts, etc).
- Source imagery for our website, collateral, and presentations.
- Assist social media efforts on multiple platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Provide production support for monthly reports and weekly newsletters, including graphic prep, email design, and website upload.
- Assist with updating various sections of the company website
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum one year of graphic design experience in a professional environment
- Strong understanding of color theory, typography, visual presentation development, and layout.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Adobe’s Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (an expertise in PowerPoint is required)
- Basic understanding of Dreamweaver and HTML a plus, sufficient to update website content and create email marketing campaigns and communications.
- Experience with social media platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter a plus.
- Basic video production and editing experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, and other content management systems is a plus, but not required
- Excellent time management, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to check your own work
- Flexibility and adaptability within a changing environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Works well in a fast-paced, iterative process
- Ability to take initiative
A graphic design portfolio is required in order to apply, along with your cover letter and resume.
About the Company
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: Solving today to help you navigate tomorrow
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and professional appearance in all the work you complete, have a passion for excellence and enjoy working with a fantastic team that supports each other, this is the dynamic environment for you.
Employee Benefits- Full Time Employees
- Medical and Insurance - Includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, and flexible spending accounts.
- Vacation and Leave - Includes at least 4 weeks of personal time off, plus holidays
- Retirement – 401(k) - Includes company contributions of 3% of your salary to your 401K even if you do not contribute
- Culture and Personal Benefits - Includes selective tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, flex schedules for many positions, and the ability to grow and expand your career
- Charitable Contributions - Includes matching contributions to the charities of your choice.