Job Description For – Prospect Engagement Specialist
General Overview of Position: The role of the Prospect Engagement Specialist (PES) is to generate meetings with prospects and Ei Companies’ (Ei) Consultants, Regional Managers (RM), and Regional Vice Presidents (RVPs). The purpose of this role is to engage the decision makers of new prospects to open the opportunity for Ei to engage in a business relationship, increase client diversity, and subsequent sales.
The PES has the ability to make several phone calls a day and keep diligent notes in a CRM about each phone call as well as manage calendar engagements for multiple individuals.
They must find the proper stakeholders within a prospect’s organization, build rapport and secure a meeting. The PES has excellent patience, persistence and persuasiveness. Not only are they excellent and professional communicators, they are accomplished conversationalists.
The PES must have a basic understanding of Ei Companies including geography, departments, services, and value proposition. The PES must understand our target markets by company and the types of positions within the prospect’s organization.
- Client Service
- Note Taking/Organization
- Analytical Thinking
- Lead Qualification - The PES reviews lists of organizations and contacts provided by the Marketing Department and qualifies contacts to confirm they are appropriate targets for sales meetings.
- Phone Calls - Provided the list from Marketing, the PES spends most of their day making phone calls. The goal of the phone call is to engage the contact, build rapport, understand the decisions makers, and schedule a meeting.
- Meeting Set-Up - The PES must coordinate with the RVPs to verify which consultants receive new clients and verify schedules. The purpose of the phone call is to set up a meeting with a prospect and the Consultant, RM and/or RVP.
- Reporting - The PES must provide a reporting feedback loop to the Marketing Department regarding the Prospect list. The purpose of the feedback is to improve the quality of the companies and the contacts, determine if the lists exhausted, and if new lists should be purchased or created. The PES also reports back to the Consultants, RM, and RVPs to review the contacts they will be meeting.
- KPIs and Metrics:
- # calls per day/region total
- # calls per day/region connected
- # meetings scheduled
- #/average # calls to a connected call
- #/average # of connected calls to get to a meeting
- VP of Prospecting
- Lateral move within the Sales team
- Cold calling techniques
- Notes Talking/Organization
- TBD depending on lateral move to other Sales position
Reports to: Department Manager OR RVP
Education, Experience and Desired Qualifications:
- High School
- 2 + years in cold calling/telemarketing
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field
- Previous experience and success in prospecting, qualifying and closing new accounts in the construction industry
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, someone who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as clients and consultant teams
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to utilize independent judgement & make sound decisions
Work Environment- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand or sit and move about the facility.
Travel: Travel is not expected for this position.
- Base Pay + Commission
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary life, Supplemental life, and
- Vacation, Sick, and Bereavement time off
- Ten paid major holidays
AAP/EEO Statement – Ei Companies’ does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.