Are you looking to bring your strong background in engineering, leadership and business development within Transportation Engineering to an amazing firm with unmatched company culture? We want to hear from you!
The Associate Engineer is responsible for a variety of transportation engineering projects performed on behalf of public sector clients. Under direction, an Associate Engineer performs difficult and complex engineering tasks and acts as a supervisor to a small group of engineers and/or technical support staff. Associates may serve as a project engineer or project manager on a single major, or several minor, engineering project(s).
What you will be doing
- Performing or guiding the design and technical analysis of the project(s) assigned. Makes sound decisions on technical problems and methods related to the work being performed based on established engineering principles and guidelines, and supervisory guidance.
- Serves as project engineer, defining the scope of the project, developing budget and schedule estimates, performing feasibility studies, managing staff, and providing training.
- Monitoring project progress status, compliance with approved scope, and informing all parties of the same.
- Reviewing proposed changes for impact on the project design, budget or schedule.
- Preparing reports and presentations that provide raw technical data in a concise and comprehensible manner.
- Consults with clients, engineers within other departments, and external project team members as a representative regarding assigned projects. Acts as the point of contact for inquiries regarding the project.
- Completes documentation of projects accurately and timely.
- May act as a technical providing training and outside presentations to clients, peers, and engineering community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 7+ years of experience performing transportation related engineering work; or, equivalent education and experience
- P.E. License Required
- Caltrans and Local Transportation Agency Design Experience
- Solid project management skills; able to critically analyze and creatively solve issues
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan and direct the work of subordinates; effectively supervise, coach and train
- Proficient with related software and tools required to complete all job duties, including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and MicroStation