We are searching for a futuristic thinker who can help us see through the clutter of trends and figure out "what's next" for the housing industry. If you are always dreaming about the future and trying to understand how the world works, we want to meet you! Do you have to be an expert in housing? No. Do you have to be able to learn about housing? Yes.
Please note the exact title will be bestowed based on skills and experience. This position can work out of one of our offices or full-time remote.
A cover letter and resume are required to apply for the position. Please apply on our company website.
- An analytical thinker that can take insights to the next level
- An avid reader who can summarize high-level takeaways quickly
- A strategic mindset that can see patterns amidst the clutter
- Enjoy challenges and problem solving
- A P.A.L.S. personality (see our website for a definition of this)
- Strong communication skills
- Independent worker when needed and a team player when needed
- Seamlessly reacts quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency
- Able to handle confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
If you're still reading, then it sounds like you might be in the right place! Now that we know you're a fantastic, super-smart person with high standards and drive -- below is a bit more specifically what we're looking for (in no particular order). If you can check more than half of these boxes, send us your resume, video, or PPT presentation on what we need to know about you.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer marketing/communication (any industry)
- Knows how to host focus groups
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting
- Spends hours reading each week to stay up to date on trends that might change the world
- A passion for making clients & team members happy
- A phenomenal writer and copyeditor
- Can lead business-to-business sales and/or business development
- Goes above and beyond to build strong relationships
- Stellar project management skills (similar to balancing plates on a stick while unicycling)
- A qualitative research guru with top-notch listening skills
- Comfortable being recorded live or pre-recorded
- Can form an opinion (or multiple opinions) on a topic and articulate it clearly, compassionately, and respectfully
About the New Home Trend Institute:
The New Home Trends Institute (NHTI) is a fast-growing segment of John Burns Real Estate Consulting that focuses on consumer insights, design, trends, and innovation. We have the industry's best collaborative space, next-level networking, and curated content to help our members take their business to the next level by pairing design inspiration with exclusive insight into the "why" behind consumers' housing choices.
- Purpose: The hub for research-fueled collaboration and innovation
- Vision: A world where every part of a home is designed and built through great data, research, collaboration, and awesome decision making!
- Mission: To bring together the housing industry to solve consumer pain points with the support of proprietary, deep-dive research and contextual inspiration
About the John Burns Real Estate Consulting:
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: Solving today to help you navigate tomorrow
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and professional appearance in all the work you complete, have a passion for excellence, and enjoy working with a fantastic team that supports each other, this is the dynamic environment for you.
Employee Benefits- Full-Time Employees
- Medical and Insurance
- Includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, and flexible spending accounts.
- Vacation and Leave
- Includes at least 4 weeks of personal time off, plus holidays
- Retirement – 401(k)
- Includes company contributions of 3% of your salary to your 401K even if you do not contribute
- Culture and Personal Benefits
- Includes selective tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, flex schedules for many positions, and the ability to grow and expand your career
- Charitable Contributions